Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The last Tuesday of the school year ...

Another school year is coming to a close. Another class of young people have completed their public education and will be heading out into the world. My hope is that they will reach the goals they desire, will find a way to make a difference and they will not forget those that help them to succeed ... their parents and teachers.

As an educator for the past 20+ years, I realize that our education system is not perfect. There are things that I don't like but I feel that we do our best to provide a quality education for EVERY child! I hope every educator has a restful summer and be ready to face the challenges of another year in August.

Dancing with the Stars ended tonight with Derek and Nicole winning. I thought the top 3 was correct and that any of the 3 could have been the winner. Definitely one of their best seasons since the show started.

American Idol concludes tomorrow night and personally I hope Lee wins. I think I will miss having Simon judging next year. I wonder, can they find someone as brutally honest as Simon?

I'm looking forward to watching Howie Mandel on America's Got Talent. It's also fun to watch some of the more interesting acts that show up on this show.

My closing thought for the day: "The difficulty in life is not on how we struggle to survive the next day; it's on how we live today."


My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry. -- James 1:19 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment