Monday, May 24, 2010

It's a beginning thought ...

Greetings from West Texas where the land is flat, cotton is king and football rules the weekends.

Why am I doing this blog? I'm not really sure but sometimes I have thoughts that I want to share and then, sometimes it's thoughts that no one wants to hear. You may not agree with anything I have to say but it's my opinion and my blog.

It's only 95 days until high school football starts and only 103 days until Texas Tech football starts. I enjoy my sports but I look forward to high school and college football more than anything! This year Tech football will be different for a couple of reasons: 1) my youngest daughter will no longer be marching in the Goin' Band from Raiderland, she'll be setting with the rest of the family as a new graduate of Texas Tech (and hopefully she'll be teaching!!); and 2) a new era in coaching with Tommy Tuberville and his staff.

I was as upset as anyone else when Mike Leach was dismissed but after awhile, I realized that I cheer for Texas Tech not a specific coach. I've been cheering for Tech football since the days of Coach J. T. King with Donny Anderson and Tom Wilson leading the team and will still be a fan for a longtime, no matter who is coaching. WRECK 'EM TECH!!!!

Well, that's a start for my blog. If you found me, I hope you will return to see what I'm rambling about tomorrow.

My closing thought for today: I would rather be Biblically correct than politically correct.

Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. -- Romans 12:10 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment