Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I missed a couple of nights!!

Keeping up with the two grand daughters and stormy weather has prevented me from posting the last couple of nights. I'll be taking them to meet their parents tomorrow in Lubbock. Doakie and Gramps have enjoyed having them the last several nights and days. They do keep you busy, especially the 16 month old!!!

Besides the grand daughters, we've had their Schnauzer. He's a very good dog but I found out last night that he's afraid of thunderstorms! REALLY!!  I was rocking the baby during the storm last night when I heard this loud panting and noticed my chair shaking. I discovered that Hanz was squeezed between my chair and the end table and he was shaking like he had just come out of a cold bath as well as nearly hyperventilating. When I could get him in my lap and started petting him, he calmed down. He started the same thing tonight when it started storming. I really feel sorry for the poor dog.

I'm looking forward to the weekend. We're going to San Angelo for my father-in-law's annual shrimp boil with his traveling club. We "have to" go help!! If you've never had shrimp boil, you are missing out. Shrimp, sausage, potatoes, corn all boiled together in huge pots! The shrimp is my main focus. I can easily eat 75 to 100 shrimp at one of these shrimp boils. Red Lobster hates to see me coming when they do their all-you-can-eat shrimpfest in September or October but I really look forward to it about as much as I enjoy the shrimp boil.

I guess Al Gore is suffering from his own "climate change" at home since he and Tipper have announced their separation after 40 years. I am not a democrat but I do feel sorry for people that have had a lengthy marriage and it fails. (Actually I feel sorry for anyone whose marriage breaks up, unless it's because of an abusive spouse.) God said marriage is forever and it takes a team effort to make it succeed. I've had some good examples in my life, my parents were married nearly 62 years and my in-laws nearly 49 years when death separated them. If you are having marriage issues you need to do two things: 1) get in touch with God and 2) get in touch with your spouse!!

My closing thought for the day: "To be one's self, and unafraid whether right or wrong, is more admirable than the easy cowardice of surrender to conformity." -- Irving Wallace

The mind of man plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps.-- Proverbs 16:9 (NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment