Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Okay, I'm not very consistent

So my daily postings haven't even been weekly postings lately but let's see if I can revive this at least for a couple of weeks until vacation. This week has been one of those weeks. We woke up Monday morning to a flooded sun porch. After going to school and making sure all the servers came back up because of a power outage Sunday night during the electrical storm and 4.25" of rain, I spent 2.5 hours vacuuming up water and barely made a dent in the wetness of the carpet. After working for a few hours, I came back and continued the process. Tuesday I got to work where a clogged drain line on the rooftop A/C was causing it to leak into my office/server room. The A/C company worked on it and it appeared to be solved BUT Wednesday morning I walked in and several ceiling tiles had fell in due to the drain not being completely cleaned out!! What a mess! I really hope it's not leaking Thursday morning.

The most exciting news from the last couple of weeks is that my youngest daughter has been offered and accepted a job with Rule ISD as the Family and Consumer Science teacher and Technology Coordinator. She's excited and ready to get going. We're going to look for a rental housing on Monday and she plans to move down after the first of August.

Twelve days till our Ruidoso vacation with the whole family. My son, who lives in the DFW area figured out it was better to fly into Roswell on a 'puddle jumper' plane than drive for over 10 hours. I hope the weather is good so we can enjoy just sitting around outside. At least, it should be cooler than West Texas.

I got to play and learn about the iPad a couple of weeks ago. I wouldn't mind having one but with Cisco introducing the Cius and HP/Microsoft collaborating on a pad device, I may wait for the second generation and the price to come down.

My closing thought for the day: " We are all unique in God's eyes... Don't let anyone change who you are." -- Unknown.


The Lord will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one Lord, and his name the only name. — Zechariah 14:9 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment